Why Torrent download speed slow?
Here’s why the torrent download is slow even internet speed is high.
- Some ISP (Internet Service Provider) has a speed cap for torrent download. Try to see your telco/network provider T&C like speed cap for torrent download.
- Some because of our settings.
- Some other reasons are if you subscribe to high speed but get low speed (e.g., you subscribe to 1gbps, but you get a rate of about 100mbps instead). I recommended use a 5GHz WiFi band or use Ethernet cable to laptop because the 2.4GHz WiFi band doesn’t reach more than 100mbps+.
Keep in mind there is no perfect list of settings because it’s different for everyone. You’ll need to fiddle around with it. That said, here are some tips:
- Make sure ports are configured correctly.
- It depends on your upload speed but I recommend limiting your upload speed to 1MB if your upload is lower than 1MB you should use 80%.
- Make sure to get a torrent with a high number of seeders/peers.
- Don’t have any other programs that use a lot of bandwidth.
- Buy a better internet Package from your ISP.
- Download from closed torrent groups (most of the time they have a policy that forces everyone to upload which results in high download speeds but also forces you to upload)
- Enable DHT (it will find more seeds/peers for you)
- Make sure your hard drive and CPU is fast enough (this is only if you have a really fast connection)
- Increase or decrease the number of connections per torrent.
- Only download 1 torrent at a time.
Here is the possible way you can boost up the Torrent Download Speed
Configuration of “Bandwidth” Settings for Boosting Speed
- On the top left corner click “Options” tab
- Select “Preferences“
- Locate and select tab marked “Bandwidth.”
- Now, change the values of each field to limit the global upload and download rate
Keep Global Upload Rate as 80% of the upload speed means 14 KB/S and change the value to “0” for the Global Download Rate.
- Change the global maximum number of connections to 2300.
- After that Change the maximum number of connected peers per torrent to 50.
- Change the number of upload slots per torrent to 14.